Re: Napco P3200 & DST

> I did look over the BBB complaint page and it does concern me a bit.  Mr.
> Bass, do you have any comments as to why there were 19 cases opened, with
> many closed unsatisfactorily?

Yes, just one.  I tried to resolve a couple of complaints where customers really
tried to take advantage (returning merchandise they broke in one case).  The BBB
wanted me to go to arbitration over it.  I declined and they marked us as
"unsatisfactory".  Ever since then if I got anything from them I'd deal with the
customer directly but not bother communicating with the BBB.

One complaint was over merchandise "not delivered".  The customer called and
asked about a product.  I said it was backordered and might not be available for
over a month but I could either take his name and number and notify him when
they were in or take the order and ship it when it arrived at the distributor.
The client opted to make the purchase and wait.  A month went by and the product
was still on backorder.  The client didn't tell me anything; just sent a letter
to the BBB and issued a chargeback.  If he had called I'd have refunded him the
same day.  I explained that to the BBB.  They said "a month is too long to hold
the customer's money".  Idiots!

What I've found is that the BBB in our area does an excellent job of protecting
the rights of its members.  If you're not already a member they act like judge,
jury and executioner.  I figure I lose a few sales a month because people check
and get scared off.  The alternative is to spend a lot of time back and forth
trying to resolve petty complaints that could easily be handled directly with
the customer.  Since I have only just so many hours in a day to work I say the
heck with the BBB.  They're only a tiny bit more important than Jiminex.

BTW, the fellow who calls himself Alarminex has apparently (I have him filtered)
been very polite in his comments recently.  If you'd like to know what he's
really like, do a Google search on his "alarminex" and any of the most vile,
hate-filled words and phrases in the American idiom.  You'll find that not
everything is as it seems, especially not the "new, improved, polite" Alarminex.

One more interesting complaint letter was received from the BBB.  Someone from
Waco, Texas claimed that he paid me $9,000 in cash and received nothing.  Try to
imagine someone saying they sent $9,000 in cash to an online store.  Now try to
imagine a BBB investigator dumb enough to believe such a story.  Next do a
Google search on "G Morgan" and "Waco" in this newsgroup and you'll figure out
almost as fast as I did who the complainant was -- one of the regulars who fill
this newsgroup with vitriol every day.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.