Re: Napco P3200 & DST

Tim Fischer wrote:
> Hi alll,
>
> Been awhile since I've haunted these forums, but I know it's a great place
> to get info.
>
> I just heard that they just legally changed the definition of daylight
> savings time.  I'm wondering how this will affect my P3200 system.  Will I
> have to turn off DST and set the clock manually twice a year, or will Napco
> come out with an upgrade?  And how do upgrades work on the P3200 systems --
> is it something that can be uploaded, or do you have to replace the firmware
> chip?
>
> I'm one of those dreaded DIY-er's, so I don't have any kind of maintenance
> contract.
>
> Thanks much,
> -Tim

Tim I'd like to give you fair warning before you connect anything you
own to Robert Bass' web site. He's a convicted felon for pulling a gun
on someone and is responsible for the death of someone through
negligence. He can't be licensed to install alarm systems and has been
investigated twice by the Florida state authorities, for skirting the
laws govening alarm sales. He's got numerous unanswered complaints at
the Florida Better Business Bureau and has a long .... long documented
record in this Newsgroup of lying to and misleading end users into
thinking he has knowledge of the latest equipment available. The
program that he is offering to you to download is proprietary
information, put out by Napco and in their limitations is says for the
exclusive use of alarm installers only.

His method here is to demean alarm installation companys so that he can
convince end users into buying equipment from him. At the present time
he resides in South America Brazil and at presesnt,  it just so happens
that his phone system went down and there's no way for him to receive
phone calls between the US and Brazil. Hows THAT for service?

Take heed before you deal with this miscreant.