Re: Napco P3200 & DST

Tim Fischer wrote:
> Jim, thanks for your comments.  I'm well aware of the fireworks that have
> been part of this newsgroup for the past bazillion years...
>
> I've ordered products from Mr. Bass in the past and had great service.  I've
> also spoken to him on the phone in the past regarding installation
> questions -- again great service.
>
> I know a lot of folks in the alarm business would like to keep people like
> me from installing my own systems.  But hey -- I'm a software engineer by
> trade, and if you want to buy your own compilers and development tools,
> there's nothing from keeping you guys from writing your own software --
> including competing with the software I write.  I don't understand why some
> fields feel their products and information should be exclusive to those "in
> the club"...
>
> -Tim

Tim,
I can't believe that you truly believe that this is about DIY'ers. No
one here or in the installation trade, that I know of, have the least
bit of interest in the fact that you choose to install your own system.
I am nowhere in your area and even if you were, if you are going to
install a system yourself, your just simply not my customer. There are
enough places on the internet that you or anyone can obtain whatever it
is that you need to install your own system. You don't even enter into
the equation when it comes to vieing for business. If you are the norm,
you will make mistakes that you'll never be aware of and hopefully it
will never cause you harm. As I'm sure you can well appreciate that
from your experience with people you've come across, who try to do your
job from an amatures perspective.

The issues with Robert Bass is that he is a black mark on this
industry. He's a liar a thief, a criminal, and irrisponsible. His
entire history and demeanor in this group and in his personal life is
an embarrassment to all the people in this industry who've tried to
clean it up through many many years. If it were just a history in this
group, it's possible that your suggestion of competition here were the
cause. However, his conduct goes back to prior to the existance of this
Newsgroup to an Aviation group that he was thrown out of, for doing the
very same thing he's done to people here, for years. What he does to
people here and to this group is not incidental and exclusive to this
group, therefore it is intentional.

If you've had success in dealing with him, you are a rarity as compared
to the others who've posted in this group, as a result of his bad
business practices. For years he's lied about his background and
experience in the industry and for the sole purpose of deceiving end
users who come here into buying equipment from him. He's been
investigated once by the authorities in Florida for skirting laws and
another investigation is presently in progress. He's a felon and can't
be licensed but provides services that require him to have a license.
Thus his reason for being out of the country at the present time. I
hear that he is also being sactioned by some manufacturers and
suppliers, at this time, for misrepresenting himself regarding the use
of their products.

Tim, you makes yer choices and ya takes yer chances.
I've been in this Newgroup since about 97 or 98, and Bass is as
slippery, slimey and nasty a sneaky snake as I've ever seen. Beware.
You may choose to do your own system and I'd be happy to give you
whatever help or advice as I can, in this forum, but there's plenty of
places on line that would be a lot safer to do business with than him.