Re: Napco P3200 & DST

Robert L Bass wrote:

> Yes, just one.  I tried to resolve a couple of complaints where customers really
> tried to take advantage (returning merchandise they broke in one case).  The BBB
> wanted me to go to arbitration over it.  I declined and they marked us as
> "unsatisfactory".  Ever since then if I got anything from them I'd deal with the
> customer directly but not bother communicating with the BBB.

This is not the way the BBB deals with a complaint.  Robert is out and
out lying.

> One complaint was over merchandise "not delivered".  The customer called and
> asked about a product.  I said it was backordered and might not be available for
> over a month but I could either take his name and number and notify him when
> they were in or take the order and ship it when it arrived at the distributor.
> The client opted to make the purchase and wait.  A month went by and the product
> was still on backorder.  The client didn't tell me anything; just sent a letter
> to the BBB and issued a chargeback.  If he had called I'd have refunded him the
> same day.  I explained that to the BBB.  They said "a month is too long to hold
> the customer's money".  Idiots!

No, Robert.  You're not telling the whole story (or you're being
untruthful).  What "product" are we talking about here?  I'd like to
verify this "story".

> What I've found is that the BBB in our area does an excellent job of protecting
> the rights of its members.  If you're not already a member they act like judge,
> jury and executioner.

Liar!  The BBB does not respond in this manner and tries very hard to
provide fair service on complaints to both member and non-member
companies.  To do otherwise would leave them open to "libel" or similar
civil proceedings.

> I figure I lose a few sales a month because people check
> and get scared off.

I would hope that the number of people that wind up being "scared off"
are a lot more than just a "few".

> The alternative is to spend a lot of time back and forth
> trying to resolve petty complaints that could easily be handled directly with
> the customer.

Your efforts at doing so are on a par with your "promotion" skills.
You've posted a number of HTML messages into the group that amounted to
nothing more than meaningless gibberish (I'm sure it did a fat lot
toward "improving your search engine positioning" too!).  It's because
you don't "handle things directly with the customer" that they have to
resort to complaining to the BBB.  How many posts have been made into
this Group *from your customers* that are frustrated by not being able
to contact you otherwise?

> Since I have only just so many hours in a day to work I say the
> heck with the BBB.  They're only a tiny bit more important than Jiminex.

Right.  Eleven sales a day...  two hours on the phone with each one
"coaching" them through their install...  That does only leave two hours
to deal with complaints....  Tsk!!!

> BTW, the fellow who calls himself Alarminex has apparently (I have him filtered)
> been very polite in his comments recently.  If you'd like to know what he's
> really like, do a Google search on his "alarminex" and any of the most vile,
> hate-filled words and phrases in the American idiom.  You'll find that not
> everything is as it seems, especially not the "new, improved, polite" Alarminex.

Better yet, "Google" on Robert L Bass Liar".  You'll see posts the like
of which will make your skin crawl.

> One more interesting complaint letter was received from the BBB.

Post the complaint letter!  Let's deal with this together.  This sort of
thing is a blemish on the entire industry.

> Someone from
> Waco, Texas claimed that he paid me $9,000 in cash and received nothing.  Try to
> imagine someone saying they sent $9,000 in cash to an online store.

I can't imagine it at all.  I know how the BBB operates.  My company is
a member and I can honestly say you are *full of shit*!

> Now try to
> imagine a BBB investigator dumb enough to believe such a story.

Your "imagination" is working overtime.  The BBB would never involve
themselves in something like this without legitimate evidence.  By this
I mean a cancelled cheque, credit card receipt or other physical
material from the complaintant.  I invite you once again to *prove what
you've just stated.*

> Next do a
> Google search on "G Morgan" and "Waco" in this newsgroup and you'll figure out
> almost as fast as I did who the complainant was -- one of the regulars who fill
> this newsgroup with vitriol every day.

I know Graham.  He's a licensed installer in Texas and would never
involve himself in something like this.  What I do remember is that you
tried to get him fired by sending his employer a bogus complaint backed
up with a very selective group of forwarded posts from this Newsgroup.
Graham emailed me everything you sent his boss.  It only took him a few
minutes online to discount everything you said and for his boss to agree
that you are a *total asshole*.  I was going to say that "either you've
got a hell of a lot of nerve or are the dumbest sack of shit in Brazil",
but I figure you qualify on *both counts*.

To Matt Ion:  I apologize for the "noise".  I just couldn't remain
silent in light of all the obvious lies Robert's just posted.  Take some
time to Google Robert L Bass and I think you'll finally understand why
he is so despised in this Group.  Heck...  Have a look at how he
"justified" posting HTML and PR messages only recently.  If you still
think that "peace" in this Newsgroup can be achieved by my silence, then
I figure your understanding of the dynamics involved is as compromised
as Robert's ability to tell the truth.

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com