Re: ADT Security Canada

> I have been monitoring this discussion for a while
> and it's seems quite interesting. There is one
> important thing here to keep in mind: Islam is not
> the enemy here but rather, the "extremists" who
> start intrepreting their own meanings of Islam...

Quite right, friend.  The same can also be said of the so-called
"Christian Right" (who are neither Christian nor right IMO).  Any
time someone takes a religious belief and turns it into an excuse
to promulgate hatred and murder it's the same, no matter what
"faith" the terrorist espouses.

> For example, "Jihad" has been taken quite negatively. I
> have been doing some reading up and it is quite clear
> that Jihad is nothing more than what we call a "battle"
> or a "war".  It's purpose is not to kill innocent people but
> to engage in a battle with clear intentions.  It can be a
> preemptive strike, sure, but not to civilians.

There are Islamic scholars (not necessarily believers) who say
the same thing and others who say that Islam is part and parcel a
religion of war -- "kill the infidels".  I haven't yet figured
out who to believe.  What I do know is that the few Middle
Eastern friends I've made over the years all say that terrorists
violate the Koran.

> I mean, if you think about it, the US too, struck Iraq and
> its people. What's the difference? Only because the US
> announced that it has planned vengeance against a
> nation's president who once aided the US many years ago?!

Shhhhh!  It's about the oil and winning a second term in office,
nothing more.

> Quite frankly, there are many good things that the US
> does and at the same time, many horrible things...

Don't say such things in front of the IB*.  These morons believe
that any admission of fault on the part of our nation is
tantamount to treason -- punishable by mistyping your name and
making allegations about your matriarchal heritage.  :^)

> But that goes for any nation in the world.  Or for any
> human being on this planet.  I'm not advocating the
> wars or these so-called jihads.  In my mind, the US
> had no right to make a hostile move to Iraq...

Correct.  But what is "right" has nothing to do with the way our
government operates since the Republicans took over.  Only money,
power and more of the same matter.

> My question to this still remains, what happened to
> Ossama B. Ladin?!

He's probably sipping rum and Coke at Camp David.  :^)

*IB = Idiot Brigade
--

Regards,
Robert L Bass