Re: ADT Security Canada

I have been monitoring this discussion for a while and it's seems quite
interesting. There is one important thing here to keep in mind: Islam
is not the enemy here but rather, the "extremists" who start
intrepreting their own meanings of Islam. For example, "Jihad" has been
taken quite negatively. I have been doing some reading up and it is
quite clear that Jihad is nothing more than what we call a "battle" or
a "war". It's purpose is not to kill innocent people but to engage in a
battle with clear intentions. It can be a preemptive strike, sure, but
not to civilians. I mean, if you think about it, the US too, struck
Iraq and its people. What's the difference? Only because the US
announced that it has planned vengeance against a nation's president
who once aided the US many years ago?!

Quite frankly, there are many good things that the US does and at the
same time, many horrible things. But that goes for any nation in the
world. Or for any human being on this planet. I'm not advocating the
wars or these so-called jihads. In my mind, the US had no right to make
a hostile move to Iraq. Perhaps it was a opportunity to establish its
base there. Who knows?!

My question to this still remains, what happened to Ossama B. Ladin?!
They shook the whole country (Iraq) for his but it seems like he's
still at large. hmm... makes me wonder if the purpose of this "War on
Terrorism" was two-fold: to establish a base there and (if lucky) kill
OBL. Heck, a little birdie just flew by and told me that OBL is living
in Israel and he's soon thinking of moving to the moon where he will
launch his ultimate weapon and kill all "infidels". :-)

I noticed that someone had made a comment about "Muslims fighting
amongst each others if there was no one around". That's true... to a
certain extent. But then again, we all do, now don't we? It's just that
one aspect of our lives is highlighted more than the others. I mean,
heck, history is abundant with wars that have been engaged for land,
people, religion etc. Who are we to say who's right and who's wrong?!

All I know is that no religion is a bad religion. No religion says to
kill people in order to survive. No religion wants chaos. It's the
people, us, who interpret wrongly and thus, resort to such barbaric
actions.

As Spock would say: "It is so illogical to butcher people for the sake
of one's survival."