Re: Magnum Alert 900 and Touch Tone Dialing

"Doug L" <vssdoug@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> DSC  issued a statement earlier this year saying their panels *can*
> communicate properly using VOIP services. They further state that
depending
> on the VOIP provider that some formats may be affected and that for the
most
> part pulse and SIA are unaffected with the Contact ID format being more
> likely to have problems.
>
> Doug L

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry Doug but DSC in this instance is full of shit, SIA is the LEAST likely
format that will send with CID being 2nd and 4/2 being the most likely
format to work

I've dealt with several dozen DSC 1555's and 832's using VOIP and this has
been the case with each in fact I don't think I've ever gotten SIA to work