Re: Magnum Alert 900 and Touch Tone Dialing

> If ...... after all this, it proves to not be reliable enough for you,
> Id suggest that you upgrade the panel but I'd stick with Napco. They've
> issued a notice that their panels will work over VoIP and I've not had
> any problems with them over the Optimum network. I haven't heard of any
> other mfg who's issued a like notice.

Jim,

Do you think that maybe it isn't the fact that the panels won't work with
VOIP but rather that the manufacturers recognize the fact that the
functionality of the VOIP equipment is subject to interruptions leaving the
communications path for the security intermittent, therefore not making a
committment that their eqiupment will work with VOIP. I do know that, on a
product we use, we had a system communicating on a Vonage system. The panel
would recognize phone line interuption and go into trouble each time the
phone dropped out. The panel would communicate fine as long as the phone was
working. Along with the panel going into trouble, the custmer recognized the
fact that the phones were dropping out. After the hurricane, they didn't
have phones for an extended amount of time and when their neighbor didn't
loose phones at all during the storm, they went back to Bell.