Re: Magnum Alert 900 and Touch Tone Dialing

Jim,

Thanks for a straight answer to my question.  I did not intend this to
turn into a debate on the reliability of VOIP.  I completely understand
the risks of using VOIP instead of a POTS line and for now am willing
to accept those risks.  The best way to solve a problem is approach it
one step at a time.  I know for a fact that the VOIP adapter I have
will not make a call using pulse dialing.  So switching the box to
touch-tone might allow me to use my VOIP service but might not, only
testing it will determine that.

Is there a better way that I can explain this to a service tech so they
understand what I want?

Thanks,
Mike