Re: Definition of Subscriber?

So the cleaning lady and her criminal hubby who have a grudge against the
client, unplug the transformer and the battery, then come back and rob the
place. You'll never know it till the client comes home from vacation.

Anyway, I do want to know, I just want to decide what to do about it and not
bother the client with calls unless necessary. (on residential).

I use panels that protect the battery from deep discharge. I've never liked
DSC so I only have a handfull of takeovers out there and when they die they
will be replaced by something else.

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| No, not until they start sending in low battery signals !
|
| BTW, on that same subject, I've noticed that DSC will run the battery down
| to practially zero before shutting down ,thereby effectively killing it or
| rendering it's useful life much shorter; however, Paradox seems to shut
the
| panel down automatically if the battery goes much below 10 volts, thereby
| saving the battery from harm. I've also noticed, if the battery goes into
| dead short situation, Paradox also shuts the panel down until the battery
is
| replaced preventing it from bursting and spilling acid everywhere.
|
| I don't know if this shutdown feature means the panel won't run as long on
| battery or not though
|
| RHC

| > And you wouldn't want to know?
| >

| > "R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > | Yes, but realistically, with 10,000 alarms all reporting "AC failure",
| > what
| > | can anyone practically do about it.
| > |
| > | RHC