Re: Definition of Subscriber?

news:6Gv1f.9$F06.407@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> So the cleaning lady and her criminal hubby who have a grudge against the
> client, unplug the transformer and the battery, then come back and rob the
> place. You'll never know it till the client comes home from vacation.

They wouldn't have to go that far.  Just unplug the telephone.  A dishonest
"cleaning lady" has got to be a nightmare to begin with.  A "dishonest
cleaning lady that knows about alarm systems" is *beyond* nightmare.  I
don't even wanna think about it!!

> Anyway, I do want to know, I just want to decide what to do about it and
> not
> bother the client with calls unless necessary. (on residential).

Best thing to do is have someone at the station call the local power
authority and find out if there are any reported outages in the area because
you have a client at "such and such" an address whose system just
transmitted an "AC fail".  Let them follow up and get back to you.  If
there's no response in 30 minutes, contact the registered keyholders.  A low
battery would, of course, be a whole different "ballgame".

> I use panels that protect the battery from deep discharge. I've never
> liked
> DSC so I only have a handfull of takeovers out there and when they die
> they
> will be replaced by something else.

DSC's OK.  I've had very few "die".  And it's cheaper for the customer for
you to replace the main board than the control and all the keypads.