Re: NiCE what Honeywell/Ademco has done

Agreed ! I do have to watch what I think and say, to make sure that my
opinions are not unduly coloured by my dislike for the ADT's of the world.
It's called prejudice, or bias, and unfortunately affects us all in some way
or another. For each of us, it's something different, and it has to be
guarded against at all times. Left to grow unchecked, such biases can lead
to all sorts of social ills and injustices, and especially so when they
occur within large groups of people.

It's not my dislike for large companies (hell, I worked for one for 27
years), it's my dislike of companies that charge too much and give too
little in return; those who do nothing but sell shitty systems for the long
term contracts; those who care nothing about REAL customer service; those
who make us all look like second rate opportunists.

I take no offence; thanks for the "heads up"....however, the story about
Paradox I heard from a very reliable source some years ago. I do think it is
true; however, considering my feelings about ADT, I hope I haven't
unknowingly embellished it some over the years....

RHC