Re: NiCE what Honeywell/Ademco has done

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:vsadnchAer7oVOreRVn-hw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm not surprised at that sort of response from Paradox. They are not so
big
> that they've forgotten who their customers really are. And, they haven't
> sold out to the large mass marketers either. And rumour has it they told
ADT
> where to go some years ago.......
>
> BTW, Montreal is a beautiful city, full of French culture, fine
restaurants,
> beautiful women, and generally friendly people. You can walk the streets
at
> night without taking your life in your hands as well. No....Detroit and
> Chicago are far more "godforsaken" when it comes right down to it.....
>
> RHC

No offense RH but I seriously doubt they or any other manufacturer told ADT
that since it would be pretty stupid considering the volume ADTdoes unless
they couldn't meet the demand which is DSC's problem.

I also don't see how anyone here thinks any manufacturer "sold out", this is
a business and in order to stay in business they have to make money be it
from ADT, Brinks or Joe's alarmco. When you have a company like ADT which
spends 40-50 million a year in equipment (my guess, it's likely much higher)
a manufacturer would be out of its mind not to try a deal with them. If it
wasn't Honeywell it would be GE, or Bosch or Napco. If you had a web page
showing companies that you installed for wouldn't you list the bigger ones
that people may know? I sure would and thats what Honeywell did.

As far as Paradox not going to large mass marketers my guess is they don't
have the distribution channel but if you think about it why else would they
have created the Magellan?