Re: NiCE what Honeywell/Ademco has done

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:A5qdnZnEseqCR-renZ2dnUVZ_t-dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Mark, if you knew the guy that runs Paradox, you would know it is
perfectly
> believable that he told ADT he wasn't interested. While I don't normally
> like dealing in rumours, this supposedly happened at a time when Paradox
was
> still in it's initial growth stage, and a smart businessman like this guy
> would never overextend his reach that early in the growth of his company.
> suspect (although I have no way of proving it) that he couldn't come to
any
> sort of agreement with them based on a lot of factors, not the least being
> their need for a volume that at that time, he couldn't handle. However,
> rumour has it that he simply didn't like dealing with them for personal
> reasons....but who really knows. Paradox has spend the majority of it's
> early business development time selling overseas where no one has an
> established foothold like the Ademcos of the world do in the USA. They
only
> now are starting to penetrate the established US market where competition
is
> stiff, and I gather their growth is slow.

Small wonder turning down business, then again it could be due to demand

> Anyway, the end result is that ADT sales staff routinely tell clients that
> the equipment is junk, and supposedly won't deal with it at all. This
could
> be due to hard feelings, but is more likely based on early experience they
> had with pre 2.0 versions of the Esprit panels (which were junk, pure and
> simple..). However, since I still have 10 Paradox panels monitored on
ADT's
> station, I do know they will monitor it (and why wouldn't they after
> all....)

It also could be they don't want to deal with it and I can't blame them, not
because of the equipment quality but because its another panel to provide
support for

And its hard enough dealing with whats out there now considering what ADT
monitors which is everything

> Paradox has only pulled one pure stupid move that I know of. Some years
ago,
> they produced a version of the Esprit panel which after one week in
service,
> could never be reprogrammed with any other receiver number. This was to
> cater to several large mass marketers in the Montreal area. I have to
wonder
> how these customers are handling the 10 digit dialing that is going to be
> mandatory sometime soon (guys, if you see these panels, simply change the
> main eeprom for a later one from a scrap board, and the problem will
> disappear)

Lol sounds like a NESS panel I know of however if it is what a particular
customer wanted then it's not stupid in my opinion.

> IMO, the Magellan is simply their move to equal the competition in regards
> to having a mass marketing panel available.
>
> RHC

Exactly! For the mass marketer they apparently haven't sold out for :)

Now IF someone like ADT started using that panel would you change to
something else since Paradox has apparently "sold out"? No of course not.
Choose the panel based on what you think of it not who else is buying them

I mean no offense by this but I think sometimes your dislike for large
companies like ADT sometimes colors (sorry I mean colours :) ) some of your
opinions