Re: It's me

R.H.Campbell wrote:
> I went up to RLB's site and clicked on a large number of pages, and didn't
> see any popups whatsoever. However, in fairness, I have just about every
> security precaution turned on in my computer.....router, firewalls, popup
> blockers, Zonealarm etc....so frankly, it's a wonder my e mails even get
> out. But I usually am notified if a pop up tries it's tricks, and nothing
> showed up.

Delete your cookies, then try it. If you've been there once, the site -
whether Bass's code, or the Kounter, or something else - puts a cookie
on your machine that appears to tell it not to produce the popups again.

But the popups ARE there, the moment you first load the homepage at
www.bassburglaralarms.com.

> What the hell is with the number of obsessive posts about pop up's on RLB's
> site anyway ? Seems like people are being a bit "anal retentive" here !! Let
> it go for crying out loud........

Well in my case, it was Bass's post calling Olson a liar.  I have no
particular interest in Bass's products or services or visiting his web
pages, but this prompted me to check out Olson's claims, and he was
correct.  Others have tried it and found the same thing.  Bass is now
calling us all liars.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0545-2, 11/11/2005
Tested on: 11/13/2005 11:14:52 AM