Re: Commercial Alarm - help

And why do they report these statistics to the USDOJ? Are they doing this
out of the goodness of their hearts? They are required to do this for crime
statistics in their area. Do you think that they are reporting the truth.
Salt Lake City was already caught reporting the crimes differently than what
the crime actually was to tilt the numbers away from burglaries, ie: a broke
window reported as property damage rather than a break in, loss of propery
as a robbery or larceny rather than a burglary etc. They don't want certain
statistics reported to hurt their cities reputation for economical
developement, real estate growth and funding. Don't fall into the fallacy
that just because they said it, it must be Gospel. Broward County Sheriffs
office is in deep deep dodo right now because of their reporting of crimes
methods to close cases. It is well documented. It has be going on for years,
heads are rolling and many people are going to get a "get out of jail for
free card".

"Jackcsg" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "JoeRaisin" <joeraisin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > I agree that there are 2 sides to every story.
> > However, in this thread the point was made that 99% of alarms are false
> > alarms and this is bsed on the police reports.
>
> They are the responding authority which collects this data, and forwards
it
> to the USDOJ.
> The alarm industry reports no data to the USDOJ which supports anything
> different.
> Where do you suppose the Alarm Industry receives crime statistics.
> Pointing it out is mearly presenting where this information comes from.
>
> > Bob has pointed out that on many occasions an alarm is reported as false
> > when it is in fact not a false alarm.
> > I have seen this myself.
>
> That is true information, and I have seen the same first hand. Perception
in
> the numbers of responses and their results, can have a reverse/adverse
> effect.
>
> > Most recently, police arrived at a commercial building (Medical supply -
> > no drugs though) in response to a an alarm.  Saw no sign of forced entry
> > and put it down as a false alarm.  We show up to find out why the door
> > contact falsed.  Surface mounted contact on a steel door in the back of
> > the building.  Door was slightly warped but still seemed to have plenty
> > of make/break - unless I pushed on the top of the door.  But, I had to
> > push pretty hard.  Marks on the door indicate someone was trying to pry
> > the door open and set off the alarm.
> >
> > Not the cops fault in this case - there wasn't anything apparent - but
> > not a false alarm either.
>
> That's why video verification is needed.
>
> > But it will go down in the annual statistics as a false alarm giving
> > further credence to the case that the 99% false alarm rate is not
> accurate.
>
> This will continue to happen unit the perception of what might be the
cause
> of an alarm becomes the majority of reasons. Humans are a nieve species.
>
> > Jackcsg wrote:
> > > "Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > > at

> respond