Re: Same Old Northern

> Well, I had a lot worse experience with
> ADI, but I gave Vern Alderman a chance
> to straighten it all out, and he took very
> good care of me.  Still does, although he
> is now working for SGI.

Some folks here have spoken ill of ADI.  ISTR Jim Rojas doesn't (didn't?)
like them.  I've had a very relationship with them for many years.  Like
anyone else they sometimes make mistakes (shipping the wrong battery, for
example:)).  But they genuinely try to give good service.  Besides, they
stuck with me during a very difficult time while my funds were tied up in
the divorce.  The only problem is the reps keep quitting and I have to break
in a new one every few months.

> I have had a dozen different people at
> Northtern over the last several years call
> and ask me to let them show me how
> much better it was...

North Supply used to pester me every so often, looking for business.  I
stopped by their booth at ISC a few years ago and some of the same
characters were still there so I didn't even let them scan my badge.  It's
been a while since I heard from them.  I don't even know if they're still
around, nor do I care.

> I finally gave and let them show.  They failed.
> Oh, well...  I guess they go back on the not
> unless everybody else in the world is out of
> stock, and then only if I can't subsititue a
> different product first list.

I hear that.  Fortunately, there are usually many distribution avenues
available as long as you don't get caught up in one of those dealer direct
deals like Radionics.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass