Re: Just bought, am I getting a fair deal? Apex/Honeywell/Monitronics

Norm Mugford wrote:

> Bob4Secur wrote:
>
> "If anyone signs their dealership agreements without
>  having their attorney look at it, probably hasn't applied it to a long term
>  business plan to include retirement".
>
> I guess retirement must be a concern at your age.....
> Happy Birthday.
>
> Norm Mugford

Norm, I don't know how old you are but I'm going to get a little
philosophical
with you, hopefully for the benefit of some of the younger people out
there.

I've always had retirement in mind and began many years ago putting
away and investing what I estimated was a proper amount of money for
retirement. Through those years, I've had to double that "amount"
twice, as the economy changed. Fortunately, I'll be living a pretty
good life, but a good part due to the value of selling my accounts,
when I decide it's time. The fortuitous advent of recurring revenue in
this industry and selling multiples, has thrown me way over the top of
any expectations I'd originally had. Had this not occured, even with
all my preperation through the years, I would have had only a modest
retirement income. My advice to all who aspire to living comfortably in
retirement, put as much as you possibly can away now, ( note: if it
doesn't hurt a little, it isn't enough)  as it's going to become worth
less and less over time. What you think is going to be a fortune in 30
or 40 years, isn't going to be worth the price of gas to drive to the
welfare department.