Re: RLB NX8E and Shabbat

Robert L. Bass wrote:
>>Make no mistake, it is a religious war
>>and it started a lonnnngg time ago...
>>before Shrub was in office.
>

> Not the current Iraqi conflict.  That is George W's mess entirely.  Even
> when Maddass Hussein was in power it had nothing to do with religion.  His
> only concern was building wealth and power for himself and his evil sons.
> He didn't care about Allah, Buddha, Hari Krishna or Bob Dylan -- just money
> and power..
>
> Hmm.  Now that I think of it, that's a lot like some of our TV preachers.
> :^)

Here is what we know for sure, so far. Journalist Arnon Regular wrote,
in the June 26 edition of Ha'aretz (Israel's most reputable newspaper),
that he has minutes of a meeting among top-level Palestinian leaders,
including Prime Minister Mahmoud Abas. The minutes are apparently quite
detailed, because Regular wrote a long article recounting very specific
conversations. The last paragraph of the article reads:

"According to Abbas, Bush said: 'God told me to strike at al Qaida and I
struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did,
and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you
help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have
to focus on them.'"