Re: NFPA's Creation of Security Standards/Codes

"Crash Gordon®" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
There aren't any union alarm co's here.

There are only a few union electrical contractors, and they do get a lot of
big jobs, but they certainly don't have a lock on big stuff.

The IBEW is weak throughout the southern sun belt. Try San Fran, St. Louie,
Chicago, Detroit, Philly, New York and Joysie. They will walk in a heart
beat if a non union shop is anywhere near their jobs.

Crash Gordon® wrote:
> Welp, we don't have but a handful of unions out here...but yah you're
probably right. I KNOW the residential builders won't go for higher
prices..so homes will not be available with systems already installed. Time
to stock up on wireless.

I'll bet that the companys with trade unions that you DO have, are the
companys that get the majority of the municipal, city town and state
contracts though.

If a federal or state funded job has to be done in the area and there
aren't any union companys there, they're farmed in from another area
and even from other states. Check it out. Unions are subdued nowadays,
but they're still in bed with the politcians. They've still got the
block voting power and funding the politicos love.