Re: NFPA's Creation of Security Standards/Codes

Excluding fire...

This is all fine and dandy in theory however;

Many many homes we do security for, we never even see a blue print, and =
if we do it's 10 minutes before we are running wire. Security guys are =
the low man on the totem pole, we are the last to be granted the bid, =
the last to have contracts signed, the last be called when something =
needs to be done, the last to get paid.

Something like this will kill anyone working for residential tract-home =
builders. Submit plans, pull a permit for every home, submit for =
inspections (and have to be there?)...this will absolutely kill =
reasonalbly priced alarm installations. And, what about pre-wired-only =
homes?...the prewire alarmco is gonna pay for plans, permits on a job =
that he probably will never finish the trim-out on? I don't do tracts or =
prewires anymore (thank god), but I know the drill. This would easily =
double the price of systems.