Re: Looking to purchase alarm system - suggestions?

"Crash Gordon®" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I had one yesterday in an old radx 2212 (iti xmtters) using those silly 1/2
AA 3.6 lithiums. Original owner never changed them, never called us, then
sold the house, new owner didn't want to invest in new batteries on
friday...guess what? he got to buy 4 from radio-shaft at 14.95 each on
saturday. He coulda bought them from me on friday for a lot less...but
noooooo.

Why don't people believe us? I know how long batts are gonna last.

I can never find those damn things at Rat Shack, they do sell the 3 volt
lithiums for Honeywell around here tho, those ITI Techram batteries are
expensive but unlike most other companies life expectancy predictions they
really DO last 7 to 8 years.

I could be wrong but I think the receiver they made for that 2212 was just a
modified QuikBridge which meant that while the receiver itself supervised
the sensors for low batteries unless you tied the supervisory output to
another zone the panel never knew a sensor had a low battery