Looking to purchase alarm system - suggestions?

Hello, I'm trying to purchase an alarm system for my home, just
starting to compare vendors but I'm not really sure what I should be
looking for.  I've spoken with two so far, Protect America and
Honeywell.

Protect America has a basic package on their website for a wireless
system with a control panel, keypad, motion detector, three sensors,
and siren.  It's free but I have to install it myself, and the monthly
service fee is $30.  They offer a lifetime warranty on their equipment.

Honeywell offered me a package for a wireless system with a control
panel, keypad, siren, three door sensors, four window sensors, two
fire/smoke alarms for $795 (they install, obviously), with a service
fee of $20 per month.  There's a one year warranty on their equipment.

Obviously the initial money put down is much cheaper for Protect
America, but a few things I didn't like were their sales tactics and
that their plan wasn't really specifically tailored for my house.  They
dealt with my strictly over the phone.  Honeywell sent a rep out to my
house and he put a plan together after going through the house.

After several years I'll end up saving money with Honeywell, but money
isn't the sole concern obviously - I want to keep my family as safe as
possible.  Any thoughts on these offers / companies from people
familiar with them?

Also, I'm meeting with a rep from Protection One next week, so any
thoughts on them as well would be most appreciated.  Thanks!!