Re: Looking to purchase alarm system - suggestions?

Just got a quote from Slomins - they're the only ones so far who have
offered me a hard-wired system.  Full installation is $396 for 3 door
sensors, 4 windows, siren, keypad, and motion detector.  I have to sign
a five year contract at $25.45/month plus tax (about $27/month or so)
after which I own the equipment.  Is this a reasonable deal?  Are there
any benefits to hardwired as opposed to wireless?  The Slomins guy said
the only reason to go wireless is if I had a lot of windows, it would
be less intrusive to go wireless, but he said that the problem with the
wireless systems is that over time the battery starts to decay and the
effectiveness is reduced.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!