Re: Looking to purchase alarm system - suggestions?

We've been getting 4-6 years on the CR123 lithums, pretty good with the =
heat we have out here...and we get low-batt signals from the points =
loonnng before they totally die...usually a week or two warning. With a =
3 door/1pir system he'd be looking at a 30 buck battery investment every =
5 years lets say...not bad.

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
|=20
| <tufflaw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > Just got a quote from Slomins - they're the only ones so far who =
have
| > offered me a hard-wired system.  Full installation is $396 for 3 =
door
| > sensors, 4 windows, siren, keypad, and motion detector.  I have to =
sign
| > a five year contract at $25.45/month plus tax (about $27/month or =
so)
| > after which I own the equipment.  Is this a reasonable deal?  Are =
there
| > any benefits to hardwired as opposed to wireless?  The Slomins guy =
said
| > the only reason to go wireless is if I had a lot of windows, it =
would
| > be less intrusive to go wireless, but he said that the problem with =
the
| > wireless systems is that over time the battery starts to decay and =
the
| > effectiveness is reduced.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!
|=20
| The deal sounds okay but he's dead wrong about wireless sensors, most =
use
| lithium batteries which have a very stable voltage curve, the sensors
| themselves have quite a bit of lee-way concerning operating voltages.
|=20
| In other words the sensors will work correctly and don't reduce
| effectiveness due to battery decay
|=20