Re: Looking to purchase alarm system - suggestions?

<tufflaw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Just got a quote from Slomins - they're the only ones so far who have
> offered me a hard-wired system.  Full installation is $396 for 3 door
> sensors, 4 windows, siren, keypad, and motion detector.  I have to sign
> a five year contract at $25.45/month plus tax (about $27/month or so)
> after which I own the equipment.  Is this a reasonable deal?  Are there
> any benefits to hardwired as opposed to wireless?  The Slomins guy said
> the only reason to go wireless is if I had a lot of windows, it would
> be less intrusive to go wireless, but he said that the problem with the
> wireless systems is that over time the battery starts to decay and the
> effectiveness is reduced.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

The deal sounds okay but he's dead wrong about wireless sensors, most use
lithium batteries which have a very stable voltage curve, the sensors
themselves have quite a bit of lee-way concerning operating voltages.

In other words the sensors will work correctly and don't reduce
effectiveness due to battery decay