Re: Behavior of Disconnecting Keypad From Ademco 128BP Panel?

Cost?? It's 3 feet of scrap quad!,,,that I just clip my 6138 onto...I =
put alligator clips on my 6138. Or just put long leads and alligator =
clips on the 6138 either way. MUCH easier than unhooking an installed =
keypad.

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
|=20
| "petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| >
| > "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> a =E9crit dans le message de =
| > aoCdnQqnGLvT1EXfRVn-tQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
| > >
| > > "petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

| its

| > > Whats dumb is not going into programming and enabling another =
keypad
| > > location then connecting the programmer set to that address, thats =
what
| > > do, usually address 23
| > >
| > I am not the one that decide how the panel will stay programmed...
|=20
| Whats that got to do with it?
|=20
| > I am not working for a mom and pop company...
|=20
| Neither am I
|=20
| > one other thing leaving an unused keypad programmed in the panel can =
only
| > slow the system and in the same it is a security issue..
|=20
| Leaving one keypad location open doesn't slow it down, leaving 6 yes
| although how much I haven't found out yet, it's not a safety issue at =
all
|=20
| > if its possible for a cleaver man to hook up a keypad with out being
| > detected to a system(like a clerk working in a part where there is =
no
| keypad
| > and the bus pass true) and have access to try as many codes as they =
wish
| > this can be a pretty big issue
|=20
| You any relation to someone named Jake that was once here?
|=20
| > about the piggy tail in the panel,that's nice, will tell the boss =
about
| > it...
| > I am sure he wont like it...cost,cost,cost...unconnecting a kp while =
I am
| > charging the customer for it...doesn't cost anything to the company =
and is
| > in fact bringing some doe in....
|=20
| Thats Crash who said that not me