Re: Behavior of Disconnecting Keypad From Ademco 128BP Panel?

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news:
aoCdnQqnGLvT1EXfRVn-tQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>

>> we have to disconnect the keypad in place cause,its at address 16 and its
>> the only keypad enabled in the panel..
>> and as you should know if 2 keypad are connected whit the same ecp
>> address
>> they will freeze...
>>
>> what's dumb about that?
>
> Whats dumb is not going into programming and enabling another keypad
> location then connecting the programmer set to that address, thats what I
> do, usually address 23

I am not the one that decide how the panel will stay programmed...

I am not working for a mom and pop company...

one other thing leaving an unused keypad programmed in the panel can only
slow the system and in the same it is a security issue..

if its possible for a cleaver man to hook up a keypad with out being
detected to a system(like a clerk working in a part where there is no keypad
and the bus pass true) and have access to try as many codes as they wish
this can be a pretty big issue

about the piggy tail in the panel,that's nice, will tell the boss about
it...
I am sure he wont like it...cost,cost,cost...unconnecting a kp while I am
charging the customer for it...doesn't cost anything to the company and is
in fact bringing some doe in....

now..it true that we don't charge every service call..(service contract)but
we do charge most of them

Now I didn't test it..but I think you are right...it wont make any code sent
to the central...
The code sent to the central must have been one of bus trouble to the
expansion caused by one wire green or yellow that must have touch the black
wire..and since I surely always put my system in test it never occurred to
me that there was no code sent when I disconnect one kp

but that kind of a bad thing..even on my dsc power 832 both of my keypad are
supervised,and when in trouble it is sent to the central,
that way I have a wiring problem, I will be aware right away so I will not
be stuck at fixing this when it will be time to leave later on...