Re: Out of town

"coord" <splunge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:rOydnb6reZ80WnrfRVn-rA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Bob..not so...a sole prop can't obtain the *exemption*...virtually anyone
can get workers comp if
> they are willing to pay the sometimes hefty price....

That is correct. It is the exemption that cannot be obtained without being
incorporated or LLC. Any business can obtain WC. Employees, that don't own a
percentage of the company cannot obtain an exemption and I believe there can
only be a max of three exemptions in a company. Anyone exempt must prove
they own a percentage of the company. This stopped people from hiring subs,
paying them a 1099 with no WC and having 80 exemptions on file from so
called sole proprietors. It also created a cross reference between the
Division of Corporations, Workers Comp Compliance and the DBPR. Those subs
now have to be incorp. or LLC in order to  get exempted. Employees need to
be covered. I should have included "to receive an exemption" in my earlier
post. Sorry for the confusion.