Re: Pre-Wired Alarm System

> again, talking about conversions.....

I said nothing about conversions either.  I only pointed out that they're
one of the worst in the industry.

> please, please go back to the VERY beginning...

OK, here's the "VERY beginning" you wanted.

"Hello all,
I am getting ready to close on a house that has already been prewired
for alarm/cable/phone and was wondering what alarm system you would
recommend.  I currently am using ADT at my current residence but was
looking to go with a local company who provides monitoring as well.
This company deals primarily with radionics.
Would like to be able to use voip (I realize not many systems are
compatible), also have the ability to call a phone number if any alarm
conditions exist (ie. cell phone or pager).
While I have your attention, at the first walk through of my new home I
was talking to the building manager and apparently they are allowing a
local company to come in and pre-wire ahead of time.  I asked him if I
would be provided with a drawing of where the cables have been ran and
he told me that the company that ran it will not give up that
information.  Now if I'm buying a house, shouldn't it be mandatory that
anything in
the house is divulged to me?  This sounds shady."

There's nothing about conversions or wireless in it.  Others mentioned
wireless and conversions.  I didn't.  He didn't even mention Brinks in the
opening post although one might possibly conclude they were involved since
he mentioned something shady.  You seem to have difficulty recognizing the
fact that there are more people around than you and "everyone else".  There
is medical help for that condition.