Re: Tech question - interface between receiver and central station software

I still have my copy of the dos version...I think I paid 2500 bucks for =
it originally...I took my small cs down years ago but kept the software =
and cables for some reason....yep it was very good for the money...so =
was the suppport.

"James" <trishnjames@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
| If the Alarm Center Software you are talking about is from SIS you can
| expect to pay between 5k and 10k.  We have been using it for about 20 =
years,
| "we started with the dos version".  The DOS version was excellent, the
| windows version could use a little help.
|=20
| James
|=20
|=20
| "Greene Security NZ" <gs_newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > Hi there, hey thanks for all the tips and comments everybody. I am =
very
| > "green" to all this as I have only been working in the security
| > industry for a matter of months now, having spent the last 12 or so
| > years in the computer industry. I understand basically what the
| > templates are, such as Contact.ID, etc. They provide the =
interpretation
| > for the data stream that comes from the receiver. Simple enough?
| >
| > The pricing I mentioned, of $50,000 is just something I pulled out =
of a
| > hat. In reality, I have been unable to obtain pricing for the =
product I
| > was looking at, which is called Alarm Center
| > (http://www.securitysoftware.com) as they repeatedly ask me for the
| > configuration of our current system, number of clients, etc, etc, =
etc
| > before they will give me pricing. Surely someone in the security
| > industry would understand that I am not authorised to give out that
| > kind of information. Duh!
| >
| > Anyway, yes, I am slowly going to develop my own in-house system, so
| > Robert L. Bass, your offer of assistance and advice is gratefully
| > appreciated. I'm going to need all the help I can get. As for XML, I
| > haven't even looked at that yet.
| >
| > If anybody has a good database schematic (ERD) for a simple alarm
| > monitoring system I would really like to take a peek. I'm currently
| > finding all kinds of pitfalls with the database design, and can see
| > that my elementary knowledge of Normalisation (sorry, Normalization =
for
| > the Americans amongst us) is going to be seriously put to the test =
on
| > this project!
| >
| > For instance, putting the patrol and monitoring information together =
in
| > the Client table was dumb, as it slowly dawned on me that you can =
have
| > a client with monitoring but no patrol, or vice versa, and also =
either
| > the patrol or the monitoring could be provided by a third party! =
Oops!
| > As you can see, my lack of experience in the security industry is =
going
| > to make this a tough ride.
| >
| > Anyway, thanks again for all the advice.
| >
| > Rob.

|=20
|=20