Re: Tech question - interface between receiver and central station software

Way to go Robert.

It's definitely a do-able project.  I will most likely never write the
program, the main problem was just understanding the flow of data from
receiver to computer.  The rest is easy, matching against templates for
Contact ID, retrieving keyholder contacts and response plans from
database tables are relatively simple tasks with basic database
knowledge.

I sit at work in front of Patriot (versions 4 and 5) and think "I wish
they would change that, or do that differently" lol.  Someone
recommended NTSW's software - which I personally don't like the looks
of, it seems very Windows 3.1ish.

I downloaded a demo of Microkey and another of A-Traq, both have nice
interfaces, I've also seen screenshots of Bold's Manitou which seems
very powerful.  However I can only assume very high price tags on these
packages.