Re: Wireless - Simon 3 or Visonic Powermax Plus

Hello all. I didn't think I would start a firestorm, but I think this is
great. for myself and others. I want to install a wireless system, as I want
to own the system, and be able to move the system if I move. The monitoring
for the Visonic Powermax Plus, is $9.00 per month, nationwide.
The Powermax Plus is coming out with a module later in the fall that will be
a dialer even if the phone line is cut. I am looking at the prospect, that
if I am away from the house and the phone lines are cut, a call will still
be made to the monitoring station.
For my house, the total system would be around $650.00 covering 11 windows,
3 doors, a fire alarm and 1 motion detector for the front room. Also, I can
buy a House link motion detector, that can be placed within a vehicle parked
in the driveway, that sends a signal to a separate box in the house, that
can alarm up to 4 vehicles, or other items outside.

I woke up in the morning to go to a Dr. appointment, and was met with broken
glass in my driveway. This theft of my locked van happened while I was at
home watching television, not 20 feet away, the previous evening. They broke
the side window of the van, busted the steering column, used a screwdriver
to start the van and drove away. Fortunately, the van was recovered in 2
days, and will only cost me $220.00 to get it fixed. I did have
comprehensive on the vehicle, that paid for theft and charges for repairs.
Bob