Re: Tech question - interface between receiver and central station software

Get up to Patriot 5 asap. We did last year.
  Everything is much better, although we upgraded our server soon after, so
performance increased anyway.  The 'training' was an afternoon with one
Patriot guy, who asked us more question than we asked him.  Sometimes the
best way to learn is to just do it.

Patriot are good to us, we have been using their software for about 5 years,
and they are very quick to issue updates when we request features.

Don't dis 4+2 totally, at least you know that the signal you get thru was
purposely programmed - even if it doesn't match the template.  With CID,
there are a few manufacturers that use an odd code, that nobody has picked
up on, until it comes thru, in the middle of the night.

Best format would have to be IR Fast - everything comes thru in the same
english the tech programs in the Concept panel.  Everytime they update
users, we don't have to - the new name comes thru automatically!

Worst format is Ademco fast - never understood it correctly  - the template
works perfect, so we don't look into it too much.  I tried to work it out
about 10 years ago, but then CID came along and we were sorted!  have to
say, though - it is by far the fastest format I have seen, bar IR Fast.
Also it's the best format for the old Solution 8 panels - 4+2 sucks majorly
on them - very very slow reporting!

Where are you monitoring?  We are in Wanganui, but cover the country, with
remote FE100 receivers on different PC ports.

Graeme McKenzie