Re: Behavior of Disconnecting Keypad From Ademco 128BP Panel?

Mark Leuck wrote:

> That'll work too, my suggestion is 23 since with many installations using
> multiple keypads one may not know what addresses are being used but 23 is
> almost never used

When I install my keypads, I have a little pigtail in my tool box I use
to ower up the keypads and address them.  That way I don't have to run
around addressing KP's after plugging in. (most of our installs have at
least 2)
Then I hook up my programmer buy clips or with the flyleads (rigged up a
male end) and with 16 already active I can program away.

Although with never really having to think about the program kp address
I have gotten to a job on a monday (forgetting I did a quick service
call on my way home friday night on a FA162 system) I took a while
trying to figure out why the damned programmer kp wouldn't work.