Re: Ademco Panel

I can understand it, but I can't condone locking a panel before you even
have the person as a client...that's unethical in my book. Stems partially
from the fact that the alarmco was probably haggled down to a no profit
install by the builder...the builder making more money on the system than
the alarmco who did all the work....that kinda thing.

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Sir, best to send it to Jim Rojas on this newsgroup. He unlocks all makes
of
| boards; the other two who do it are located in Canada, and (speaking only
| for myself) ONLY do DSC and Paradox. There just isn't enough business on
| other makes of panels to make it worth while going through the process of
| learning how to crack those boards.
|
| On the other hand, it might be simpler and only slightly more costly to
| simply replace the board.
|
| BTW, Crash, I get lots of calls from people in the same boat, and have
| actually been close by when the client was told by the alarmco to sign a
| contract with them or they won't unlock the clients board (that's one of
the
| things that originally got me into this business...). Most alarmcos are
| quite ethical though, and will assist the client. However, we have three
| companies here in town that are known for this kind of activity.
|
| I came upon a new wrinkle on this theme the other day ! My customer moved
| into his new home equipped with a DSC 632 that he paid $1000 to have
| installed, and which was sold to him with the home. When I went there, I
| found a truly magnificent installation. But on the can lid was a sticker
| that said..."This panel is electronically locked for your
| protection"...!!!!!! (including keypad lockout after three attempts...)
|
| Yah gotta wonder....
|
| R.H.Campbell
| Home Security Metal Products
| Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
| www.homemetal.com

| > Thats pretty weird they won't unlock it for  you. Most ethical companies
| > will unlock it as long as you are not the original client that owes them
| > 900
| > bucks in deliquent monitoring fees.
| >
| > There's a couple of techs here that may be able to unlock it for you,
| > you'd
| > have to send them the board. Undoubtedly  they will see this post and
| > respond.
| >
| > If it can't be unlocked you just toss it and replace it with a new
| > board....imo, it's faster to just replace it.
| >

| > "Travelin" <travelin03@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > |I recently purchased a home that has an Ademco Vista-15P panel and one
| > | keypad installed.  The  local company that installed the system has
set
| > | his own lockout code and refuses to unlock the panel or reset to
| > | factory default.
| > |
| > | Any suggestions on how "unlock" the panel.  By unlock I do not mean
| > | physically unlock.  I have the key to the panel door.
| > |
| > | Thanks.
| > |
| > |