Re: why ground an alarm panel.

This has been interesting.
I'm visualizing a customer that calls a professional  alarm installer,
an alarm pro, not some person that doesn't know what they are doing.
The customer says, "...  And I also want a sensor on this interior
closet door here, I really do."
The alarm pro, knowing that all approaches to this door are covered,
sees no logical reason for a sensor on that door and instead of just
agreeing to install the magnet (oh wait, I can't resist, I should have
said pushpin or magnet so that I could kick off that heated debate),
wiring the zone, charging the customer, and getting on with life.  The
alarm pro decides to discuss this with the customer and debate the
issue.  The customer is polite but really does want it and just wishes
that the professional they hired to do a job would just wire the door
and get on with it.
I'm curious, how many of you have cursed a customer to their face
because they wanted an alarm feature that you just couldn't figure out
their reason for wanting it?
Thanks all, I am amazed at the direction this thread has taken.