Re: Do YOU ACTUALLY Own Your Equipment -- Truce?

I just hate to respond to such LOOOOONG post..

but I have to.... here we go..answer are in line with some snipping
around...

"Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news:
1133669534.171097.93880@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> I for one think that long term contract that renew themselves at the end
>>> are
>> a fraud..just like him...
>
> And so do I.

Good one point were we meet..

> That is, regarding  the self-renewing contracts, without notification
> to the end user. Anyone who has my contract is notified 30 day's prior
> to renewing and has the option of cancelling.

you are one of a few that do so..and theres the problem,i really think that
if RHC would state that some do ask if you want to renew and that if there
is no answer from the customer,the contract renew itself for a small period
of time,like maimum a year,things would me more then ok..

> And can I assume that you own your own business and have another source
> of funds for your retirement? Or are you an employee with a pension
> fund?  In other words, small dealers/company owners who've been astute
> enough and worked their businesses successfully for a long time, are
> eventually going to sell their accounts. I've been in this business for
> over 35 years. If I couldn't depend upon the return I'm going to get
> from my accounts for retirement, All I'd have to sell when I opt out,
> is "goodwill". Which, in any kind of a small home inprovement business,
> is hardly worth two cents. So you'd say that a small alarm installation
> business owner should give up his retirement stipend? Why would/should
> he do that, when he can legitimately offer his clients term contracts
> that will bring him some reward at the end of his career?

Now we see the reason why you do this type of business...so from what i can
understand you ask for less then some for a service,and put this under a
long term contract so that later on the account can be transfered to a third
party for a fee,and cash on it...for retirement..

thats a type of business plan,what about other type,like asking a bit more
then other,with out long term contract and try to kep the customer happy and
still make enough to put away some money for retirement..one other way to do
business,but this one is like more customer inclined then the first
one..cause the customer can make a choice if he is not happy..with the first
one it will cost him..

> Petrum,

why do you play with my nick? dont like it?  sound very childish to me..

> if you took a 5 year loan out for a brand new car and totaled
> it a year later, do you think the bank is going to forgive you the
> difference?  You made an agreement to pay the amount due but it's not
> contingant upon you using the car, keeping the car or wrecking it.
> That's why you have insurance.

does a customer of yours have a way to take insurance on the contract?

> No matter what, you've got to pay off
> that loan. Sure, in this example the car has a value that the bank can
> always repossess, but ...... the point is, an agreement is an
> agreement. No one "forces" a client to sign a monitoring agreement.
> When they sign it, they can imagine that conditions might change during
> the term, but they'll sign it anyway. So time passes and either by
> choice or fate, their conditions change. Who's fault is that? The alarm
> companies?

no one is at fault..but why do the customer have to pay for a service they
cant use anymore?
will the insurance company that were protecting the car will ask for money
if the car if totalled?

>> I don't understand how he can make profits by not asking a cent on
>> service
>> call,but that's another story...
>> fine with me if he do make a living out of it...
>
> What EVER he does should be and is fine with everyone. Why would anyone
> object to how a person runs his own business?  I couldn't care less. If
> that's what he want's to do ..... fine. THAT's not the problem and as
> dumb as what he does, may sound to others, he'll do it regardless of
> what others think about it.  It's his obsession with feeling that he's
> got to  **** INFORM **** end users who come here, that companies that
> offer term contracts are defrauding the public. And that they should
> look for companies that are not trying to scam them into signing term
> contracts. That's misleading ..... because 99.9 % of alarm companies
> require at least a one year agreement and saying it's a scam is
> defaming all those companies .

now from what i can see you just have to **** INFORM ****  them that some
company do something a bit differently and do send end of contract
notice...that would make you look better then bashing on someone that is
trying to "protect" end user..
in fact he is just pushing his business plan on the direction he want to..
a good way to promote yours would be more effective then to look as the bad
guy trying to knock off some one ,that as a costumer point of view,is making
a good thing for them...

> Leasing and service contracts and monitoring contracts have been around
> since the late 1800's, in one form or another. It's a legitimate aspect
> of doing business. Lawn sprinkler companies, lawn care companies,
> cleaning companies, heating companies, etc, etc, etc have contracts,
> why not alarm monitoring? When people sign a contract they're aware
> that it's a legally binding agreement and that they don't have to sign,
> if they don't want to. I do agree with you on the automatic renewal
> part, but that has to do with the state or area that the transaction
> takes place. It's up to the lawmakers to take care of things like that.
> I think that's real sneaky. Who's going to remember a year or more
> later that they have to cancel anything? On the other hand, when ever
> the credit card companies come at me with their deals of sending me
> something or giving me a service for free for 60 or 90 days, and if I
> don't like it, all I have to do is cancel it. ....... I simply refuse
> it if they wont do away with the automatic continuation. If there are
> people out there who know agreements are automatic renewal and they
> don't refuse it or know it and forget to take the proper action, you
> can't blame the alarm company. Only if the alarm company doesn't point
> it out to the client.
>
> Now THAT's a scam! And I'm sure it happens. Now if Bob C was warning
> end users who come here about THAT, who could object?

Not me...now maybe you can make the post that would make people see the
difference...
Just use the good wording and you will be pushing your business plan the
good way,much better then just name calling and bashing...