Re: Do YOU ACTUALLY Own Your Equipment -- Truce?

Jim said:

>You call what I'm doing "harping" when it's always you who brings up
>the subject of long term contracts?

Guys, how about a truce?

RHC, it isn't right for you to run down other alarm dealers who choose to
use something other than month-to-month service contracts.  It's an
accepted industry business practice dating back a hundred years or more.
If you choose not to use long-term contracts, good for you...but don't run
down the rest of the industry for doing so.  It's unprofessional.  Plus,
you are the exception, not the rule.

Jim, if RHC will refrain from running down those of us who use long-term
contracts, how about letting him alone?  If he chooses to run his business
a certain way, let him!  I don't even mind if he preaches the virtues of
month-to-month contracts, so long as he doesn't attack the rest of us in
the process.

There are different ways of doing business, and neither one of you is going
to convince the other that your way is best.  I assume both of you are
making lots of money; isn't that enough?  And beating this subject to death
isn't doing anyone any good.

Live and let live, what do you say?

- badenov