Re: Do YOU ACTUALLY Own Your Equipment -- Truce?

R.H.Campbell wrote:
> Like I said before, you either don't read very closely what I've said in the
> past, or you've got a lousy memory ! I've said that many times. Do a search
> under "AlarmBridge"! Or maybe you've simply got this contract thing so far
> up your butt, you can't see it clearly any longer !!

Well, let's see, with a brief search under "long term contracts" posted
by you, I come up with things that when read "closely" as you suggest,
sounds an awful lot like insults to everyone who uses long term
contracts.

( the empahses are mine)
I also chose NOT to allow my customers to be   **** trapped by long
term
contracts;*****

Long term contracts are simply a way for alarm companies to ensure a
guaranteed revenue stream for themselves and do NOTHING for the
consumer.

My crystal ball is no clearer than anyone else's, but I am willing to
predict, as this market matures, as competition heats up even more, and
especially

 **** as customers of these companies who use the long term contract
scam finally wake up and get informed,******

 that the norm will move to month to month contracts.

 ******* Customers will finally begin to realize that the long term
contract is just so much bullsh*t.....!!! *******

And I don't buy the argument (although I know it is real) that I won't
be able to sell these contracts to a large firm later on when I wish to
retire, for nearly as much money -

*******as justification for *conning* people into a long term
contract..!! *****

It's only the large
conglomerates who need long term commitments to hold their clients due
high prices and sometimes spotty service.

It's safe to say I wouldn't have 60% of the
clients I do have if I

 ******forced them to sign contracts with unnecessary long
term restrictions.******

I can have $5000 coming in the door each and every month, stop
installing, and just spend my time keeping my customers happy...!! And
continue to smile knowing that these 500 people will never

******be *victimized* by any of the "revenue sharks" in our
industry..... *******

Now if that isn't making it quite clear what you think of companies who
use long term contracts, I don't know what is. In none of the above
cases did you clairify that *some* small companies use the contracts as
equity for their retirement. Or that contracts are usually not enforced
by many alarm companies. Or that if someone moved away that there
wouldn't be any persuit of the client. or ..... or ...... OR anything
at all, as a matter of fact, that qualifies what you've said as only
being applicable to those companies who are in the RMR business. What
you've said and say about long term contract and the people who use
them is quite clearly all encompassingly durogatory, impugning and
denigrating  ANYONE who uses long term contracts.

As I mentioned eariler, for some reason you feel compelled to
constantly speak negatively about long term contracts. When somone pins
you down on it, you THEN, mention qualifiers, that you don't mean to
include in your all encompassing comments and that you don't mean to
insult legitimate users of long term contracts. etc etc. To avoid
including these legitimate users in your biased opinions to end users
you'd have to mention all of the exceptions, every time you tried to
tell an end user about long term contracts. Otherwise the end user goes
away thinking that EVERYONE, who uses long term contracts is scaming
them. And that's just not true.

> Now ...ONE.... MORE ....TIME, I don't object to long term contracts in
> general when they are called for; just when they are MISUSED (granted, my
> definition of that covers a wider range than yours). This is just one of the
> more obvious examples!

This is a good example of what I'm talking about. Everytime you post to
a new visitor about long term posts, do you really think it's worth it
to have to post all the different ways long term contracts can be used
or misused?   Why don't you just refer them to your web site and stop
putting your self in the position of making everyone here, who ALL use
long term contracts, feel as if they've been criticized  for running
their business according to what is a normally accepted method. YOU
don't like it when people tell you that what YOU do is wrong. Why would
you think it's alright for you to tell other people that what they do
is wrong? You want to put it on your web site, who cares? You do it
here and ......... eventually you're gonna get some objection about it.

> This thread is quickly becoming a very boring "broken record".....

That's EXACTLY how everyone else here feels about your "broken record"
comments about long term contracts and about ADT.  Should your broken
record be anyone acceptable than someone elses?