Re: electrifing windows for security

robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The current passed from a buried device through the stream, then
> through the employee's body and out through his shoes?  If there
> happened to be a grounded pipe nearby and the employee happened to
> beholding onto it while relieving himself that might work.
>
> Have you read Olson's story of being shocked while standing partway up
> a ladder when it mysteriously jumped into an open electrical cabinet
> mounted to the surface of a beam near the ceiling of some warehouse?
> That one also presented some interesting challenges to laws of physics.
>
> The unbelievable part (for anyone who knows the first thing about
> electricity) was how he managed to get shocked while standing partway
> up the ladder.  Have you ever seen a bird on a high tension wire?
> Notice how they don't get shocked, even though the cable may be
> carrying 50,000 Volts?

Y'know, You've accused me of lying about this story (and the one where
you say I was supposedly piloting a Boeing 737 inverted) again and
again.  So far you've little to offer in the way of actual proof.

With respect to the ladder incident...  Were you there??  The warehouse
where this happened was under construction at the time.  I was about six
or seven steps up an aluminum extension ladder.  I don't recall
*everything* about the incident.  What I do remember is that there was
cable being pulled all over the place at the time in addition to the
work we were doing.  There was this big spark above me and the next
thing I knew I was flat on my back on the floor looking up at a bunch of
smoke in the rafters.  I wasn't hurt and neither my partner (who
witnessed my being "blown" off the ladder) or myself filed a report with
WCB (so the incident was never formally investigated).  Now, Mr. Bass,
I'd very much like you to prove I lied about this...  Go ahead...
Google anywhere you want, speak to any number of "aircraft mechanics and
pilots"...  Your own record on usenet is so chocker-block full of lies,
innuendo, and misrepresentation I doubt anyone here takes you seriously
(and if they do, they won't for long).

With respect to the inverted Boeing 737.  I was an *observer*.  I did
not at any time assume command of the aircraft or act in an capacity as
flight crew (even though I did hold a senior commercial pilot's license
at the time and had 130 hours left seat time "on type").  You have
"twisted" what I originally stated happened so much so that *now* you're
telling people that I was PIC on this flight.  You've also managed to
add another lie (that I "borrowed" the aircraft from Boeing).  I invite
you to prove I said anything like this.

Your petty desire for "one-up-man-ship" has more to do with obscuring
your own record in Usenet as well as your criminal one (which makes you
incapable of obtaining any form of licensing or bonding in Florida as an
alarm sales or service representative).  Now, like so many individuals
involved in online scams, you're now "hiding behind" multiple websites
(you've opened two additional online stores to try and avoid the "bad
rap" Bass Home has with the BBB in Clearwater).  Your excuse about
"better search engine positioning" is as phony as a nine dollar bill.

You don't know who I really am, have never been able post what "small
distributor in Vancouver" I work for, and have even gone so far as to
post a message on the AlarmsBC forum using the name "Jake" and the email
address of an innocent Grade Four student in a vain attempt to "locate"
me.  You're a sad, twisted, miserable little man.  Your "stories" about
being a Christian Lay Minister are patently false in light of the nature
you repeatedly demonstrate in this (and other) forums.  If there's any
truth to them at all, it would mean that you have actually "turned" from
your faith, which is sadder still.

> But I digress.

You do that frequently.

> In the present story the conductor is already making
> ground contact.  The victim, unless he's otherwise grounded) offers far
> greater resistance to earth than the plate sitting on the ground.  A
> worker wearing typical workboots can touch a live conductor and feel
> nothing... unless he touches ground at the same time.  If you touch the
> output of a spark coil while leaning against the fender of a vehicle,
> the current will flow through you, jump the gap through your trousers
> and give you something to remember.  But in this case the current would
> pass harmlessly from the plate into the ground if the other end of the
> coil was also earth grounded.  If not, it wouldn't go anywhere.
>
> In all probability the guy who told you the story made it up.  It
> sounds funny at first but I doubt he actually did it.

Yes, and if I had told this story, you wouldn't have been as
"charitable" with your comments would you have??

Fixed the pop-ups on at BassBurglarAlarms.com yet??