Re: relocate existing alarm panel.

James Russo wrote:
> I've ordered the zone expander and am going to go with the suggestion
> from Frank. The home has 17 sensors total and many would be combined
> since they are on the same window or in the same room. With this route
> it's one cat5e to the original panel and then all the zone configuration
> is done via the wiring in that panel. It will also keep the structured
> wiring panel alot cleaner..
>
> regards,
>
> -jr
>
> Bob La Londe wrote:
>
>>I used to be all anal about keeping my zones neatly ordered, but I found I
>>was just wasting time on tie downs, and I still had to look at my
>>documentation for the zones to determine which one was which when trouble
>>shooting.
>>
>>When using panels with EZMs I like to organize things to allow for short
>>easy wire pulls that leave a couple zones open, but terminated on each
>>module.  This makes additions later a snap as well.
>>
>>Look at your total number of zones and the configuration to determine if you
>>will have any headaches.
>>
>>(never used and M1)

If you're going to do that I'd suggest running some 18/2 up to there as
well (for powered devices).  If you're going to opt for an auxiliary
power supply, keep in mind you're also going to need to "common" the
negatives on the panel's aux power supply as well as the one you might
be installing in the old can.