Re: Devcon Buys Out Coastal Security, Adelphia, & Guardian

> mikey wrote:
> > I think what might be saving your ass is that electronic stuff is so
> > reliable these days. I've had a similar pleasant surprise in that
> > transmitter batteries (which I replace) are lasting much longer than I'd
> > budgeted for, trouble is, I don't use the extra free time constructively
:-)

> > I'm reluctant to be so forward with my numbers but I think my model
works
> > pretty good, I just think we're worth more :-)
> >
> Hey Mikey, I might suggest that you talk with Tom, about marketing your
> product, and skills. Tom is just about the best sales person I've come
> across in a long, long time.
> Why don't you give him an E-mail or a call and see if he can throw you
> some ideas on how to get  you "over the hump"
>
> I don't know how long you've been doing this, but there are definite
> "hills and valleys" that, if you're not aware of them by previous
> training or experience, you can get really stuck in the valleys.  This
> is pretty common in this industry since most people come into it from
> the installer level. For the most part, anyone having prior business
> and sales, education, training or experience can usually get around
> these obstacles. I've been questioned constantly through the years
> about how I can run a company with so many accounts with so few
> resources. It's always the installer based people who ask.
>
> Give Tom a shout, I think you'll be surprised at what he's
> accomplished. He's a great guy to know and always willing to help
> people.
>

> To Tom:
>
> HEY SHITHEAD!
>
> WAKE UP!
>
> THE PHONE'S RINGING!

Funny you mention Tom. Yep, I recognized the marketing expertise within days
of wandering in here.
How do you think I've lasted this long? I hit him up for some advise years
ago. I can't remember all the details but there was some juicy stuff, and
lots of it, much of which I put in to practice. He may not remember though
but I am very tolerant of that sort of thing as I deal with it on almost a
daily basis. Now I'm a tad worried about you too. I hit you up for some
idears as well... The newsletter was one I put in to use but unfortunately I
let it slide... some of my gals really enjoyed it too.
I am actually doing quite well and bag some retirement homes from time to
time. I just subscribe to the credo: "If your warm and happy in a pile of
shit, keep your mouth shut"