Re: napco cancel code

robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> BOLD, for one.  I haven't used MAS but ISTR it also has that
> capability.  Of course, having never been inside a central station you
> wouldn't be expected to know that.

Not being all that familiar with the program parameters yourself, you
missed the fact that in order to invoke the delay you mention, SIMS,
Bold, MAS, CMS, and the other CS programs require the use of an
"opening", "cancel" or "abort" code generated by the alarm system.  It
would be helpful if your explanations would be more complete so that the
OP can understand how this works and decide for himself if any delay in
CS response is merited.  It would also assist him in explaining what he
wants to do to his alarm company/central station.

I should also mention that even as the paying customer he may not have
the facility to alter certain response parameters.  The decision to do
so may well be in the hands of his alarm company/Dealer or the central
station providing the service.  Running a _professional_ and _listed_
central station alarm company is a little different from operating one
out of the garage for "how-ever-many-years" you "say" you did.  You were
a good deal more "flexible" than any CS that was/is required to adhere
to a set standard in order to maintain their certification.  This may
well have been both an advantage as well as a dis-advantage to you.  I'm
sure that's one of the reasons you also maintained a relationship with a
*listed* central station.

I see you *still* haven't fixed the pop-up/pop-under problem with your
website (BassBurglarAlarms.com).  Tsk!!!