Re: why ground an alarm panel.

Jim wrote:
> Frank Olson wrote:
>

>>You really are an old curmudgeon, aren'tcha??  :-)
>

> Depends upon what YOUR definition of the word is.
>
> Mine is ...... I stopped taking shit from people a
> long time ago, simply because it's easier to do.
> If you don't stand up to nasty and pugnacious people,
> it just continues and is the reason you run into
> more and more of them all the time. No manners
> no respect.
>
> Be nice or be nasty, you'll get treated in kind.
>
> Nasty people have to be treated worse than they give.
> If they're stupid enough to treat people nasty then they're
> not smart enough to understand a reasonable reprimand.
> So, twice as much nasty, gets their attention. Walking away
> puts them in charge of what you do and don't do.
> I refuse to be threatened coerced or intimidated by anyones
> contentious behaviour. I mind my business but, don't
> intrude on my right to free movement and pursuit of
> happiness. Be nice. Play nice.
>
> You betcha!
>
> Here's something to think about. I read it some time ago
> and don't remember all of it but it goes something like:
>
> Books Title was:
> All I need to know, I learned in Kindergarten
>
> Share everything
> Put your stuff away.
> Play fair.
> Clean up your own mess.
> Be aware of wonder
> Don't hit people.
>
> Unless of course, they hit, or threaten to hit you first.
> Then beat them with every ounce of strength you have,
> any way that you can, before they do it to you, so that
> they'll never forget you.
> ( I added the last part)
>
> That is ......You can be nice up to a point.
> after that, self defense becomes the priority. Self
> preservation overides all other factors.

I dunno...  My son survived one of the toughest high schools in the
lower mainland by refusing to fight *and* backing down when confronted.
  When asked why, he said "What's the point?"  These days ya never know
when someone's gonna bring a knife to a fist fight.  Rules don't apply
anymore.  In real life or in Newsgroups.  Ask Graham.  Heck...  Ask me!!

Jim, last year about this time I took a long hard look at what I was
doing (in responding to Robert) in this Group.  I didn't like what I
saw.  I'm of the opinion that what I'm doing now is far more effective
(and I have the emails to prove it).  I've only "flamed" Robert once in
the last year, and I even had the courtesy to post "FLAME" in the
subject line.  Pointing out the truth and asking for proof in responding
to Robert's outlandish lies is far more effective don't you think?  Why
fill the Group with, well...  excessive four letter verbage when
responding to Robert's outright flames with courtesy and humour puts him
in a far worse light (and even more on the "defensive").  That's only my
opinion, though...  FWIW.

Have a great New Year, yah old curmudgeon!

You too JS!!

:-)