Re: How do I block a (mains) smoke alarm (so my steam cleaner doesn't trigger it)

ron wrote:
> <Chris.Holland16@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Hi. I live in a large student complex, which is filthy
> >
> > i want to buy a steam cleaner
> >
> > Can I just cover the smoker alarm (using a plastic bag?)
> >
> > Advice/ideas anyone?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> I thought you said you were buying a steam cleaner not a smoke machine!
> I can't believe as a person who might one day have a degree that you can't
> work it out for yourself.

You are such a fucking retard.

All 800 smoke detecters in my building are triggered by steam.

I know people WITHOUT degrees who are extremely intelligent. You sound
like a person with a chip on your shoulder - 'I've been to the
university of LIFE' etc etc.

hmm.. I think you are taking the piss. You cannot be that stupid.

When I was doing my first degree , people would get stoned - this would
set off our smoke detector. (absolutely loads of smoke). Was this a big
deal? No.

but where I live now is wired to the fire brigade. They are called out
as soon as smoke (or steam) is detected.  (which I concede is a good
thing - at least we won't get burnt alive)