Re: why ground an alarm panel.

Frank Olson wrote:

> You really are an old curmudgeon, aren'tcha??  :-)

Depends upon what YOUR definition of the word is.

Mine is ...... I stopped taking shit from people a
long time ago, simply because it's easier to do.
If you don't stand up to nasty and pugnacious people,
it just continues and is the reason you run into
more and more of them all the time. No manners
no respect.

Be nice or be nasty, you'll get treated in kind.

Nasty people have to be treated worse than they give.
If they're stupid enough to treat people nasty then they're
not smart enough to understand a reasonable reprimand.
So, twice as much nasty, gets their attention. Walking away
puts them in charge of what you do and don't do.
I refuse to be threatened coerced or intimidated by anyones
contentious behaviour. I mind my business but, don't
intrude on my right to free movement and pursuit of
happiness. Be nice. Play nice.

You betcha!

Here's something to think about. I read it some time ago
and don't remember all of it but it goes something like:

Books Title was:
All I need to know, I learned in Kindergarten

Share everything
Put your stuff away.
Play fair.
Clean up your own mess.
Be aware of wonder
Don't hit people.

Unless of course, they hit, or threaten to hit you first.
Then beat them with every ounce of strength you have,
any way that you can, before they do it to you, so that
they'll never forget you.
( I added the last part)

That is ......You can be nice up to a point.
after that, self defense becomes the priority. Self
preservation overides all other factors.