Re: Wireless receiver - computer problem?

"Robertm" <Respond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > What you say makes a lot of sense. Too bad you don't live in my area,
I'd

Thanks.  I wasn't really trying to sell myself, but explain why some folks
get tired of answering DIY questions.

> have hired you to do the work. The problem is, I'm am electrical engineer
> and I know what good and bad work looks like so maybe that's why I
wouldn't
> be happy with the sloppy work they do around here.

You might consider asking around.  There are usually afew companies who
cater to customers who want attention to detail.  They will charge more for
their time, but...

> You really live in Yuma?

Yep, and for the most part I really like it.  I can ride my motorcycle all
year around although this time of year only at night.  LOL.  We also have
agreat fishery on the river, and I spend a lot of time fishing out of
Fisher's Landing.

> That place is the pits. There's more scenery on the moon. Six years living
> in AZ and working across the border. I couldn't take that any longer. From
> my perspective AZ was nothing but cactus, sand, rattlesnakes, scorpions
and
> black widows.

Its all a matter of perspective I suppose.  Yuma is one of the fasest, if
not the fastest, growing communities in the country.  Home prices have more
than trippled in the last en years, and good builders are a year out on
completeing new homes.  Even chintzy builders have more work than they can
handle right now.

> Don't you get lonesome to see trees and grass? Or do those
> sand dunes up on I-8 satisfy the need to see scenery?

Nope, with trees and grass comes rain and snow and mud.  I've broken to many
things to ever be comfortable living somewhere it gets really cold.

If I want to see trees I can drive up to Prescott, or the Lagunas, or take
advantage of my campground membership over on Oak Creek.

I did a little work across the border.  Got my FM-3 and installed some video
cameras for El Toro Mexico on behalf of El Toro USA.  I always found the
terrain and the people and the farms interesting, and I don't even like
people in general.  LOL.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com