Re: Dodge Reports?

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:00:55 -0400, J. Sloud
<jsloud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:25:12 -0400, Robert L Bass
> <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> >Interestingly, we often take small government orders, typically
> >less than $5,000, over the phone.  The same is true of military
> >purchases.  Almost every military buyer has a Visa card and the
> >discretion to use it without formal bids on small purchases.
>
> It's called an IMPAC card and it can normally only be used for
> micropurchases, which are orders under $2500.

The limit seems to vary with the agency.  I'm not certain they're
all using the same arrangement.  Most appear as normal Visa cards
when processing orders.

> We handle a whole lot of these.

Same here.  I also get a fair number of orders from foreign
governments.  There's an eastern European UN mission that
regularly orders FBII stuff for all of their consulates.  I have
no idea who got them sold on FBII but they have tons of older
systems and they're constantly ordering replacement stuff.

> We also have a GSA FSS that allows the purchaser to buy
> from us without putting a bid on the street per FAR 8.4.04
> and 05.

We tried that but it was impossible to compete with companies
like yours due to your buying power.  OTOH, I routinely kick the
jiminex out of "authorized dealers" on residential and small
business sales.

> Google FAR 8.4 and you can read all about it...

No need.  Been there.

> And you're right, we do have a group dedicated to government
> contracting: Our Federal Systems Division headquartered in
> Alexandria, VA.

They do a bang up job on large contracts.  We pretty much gave up
trying to win those --  too much effort for too few sales.  On
the smaller orders, <$20,000, we do fine though.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--