Re: Adding a third keypad to a Caddx NX-8, wiring help requested!

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:11:12 -0700, Karl Magnus
<magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> joe wrote:
> > Robert L Bass wrote:
> >
> >> The suggestion is for 4-conductor, stranded wire.
> >

> > Thanks you for agreeing with me that that is what Ademco recommends.
> >
> >   It says
> >
> >> nothing about electrons spinning better than on solid or any
> >> other such nonsense.
> >
> And neither did I. I never said "electrons spin better"...try again foam
> duck!
>
> Can un-twisted wire be used?

That depends on the application.  For most alarm system keypads
the answer is yes.

> Some customers have successfully used un-twisted
> wire at short distances. NVT does not recommend
> it due to its interference susceptibility.

Try to stay on the subject.  NVT doesn't make alarm keypads, let
alone specify cabling for them.

> The point is (and always was), that twisted wire provides better
> resistance to interference.

That was not the original question.

> I have personally witnessed at least 10 keypads
> that would do very strange things when using
> solid wire.

Bullshit!

> Things that can't be caused by "bad connections"
> as you try to spin it.

There's no spinning involved here.  You simply fabricated 10
events to support a ridiculous theory.

> Plus, you are lying when you say ITI engineers
> never said that.  I was there, you were not.

In your mind, perhaps you were.  Reality is you made the story
up.  It sounds as though you've been taking debating lessons from
Olson.  Have you tried snap-rolling a 737 lately?

> (Also, the president of ITI and VP of Dealer Sales
> were there...didn't see you!)

Uh-huh, standing right next to Elvis.

> ...you had no way of being there.

Having never attended a fantasy meeting, I wouldn't know.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass